Saturday, July 23, 2011

Ginger snap!

In case you haven't heard, it has been between 90 and 108 degrees in NYC this week.  I heard it described as the heat of Texas with the humidity of Florida. In other words
The worst of all possible worlds (with apologies to Dr. Pangloss/Voltaire/Leibniz.)


Stay cool fool!

You're supposed to keep hydrated and that means drinking water or juice before you feel thirsty.  So as a helpful tip I pass along this recent brain-flash I had.

I can't believe it took me so this long to figure this out.
photo credit

You know the slivers of ginger root that come with sushi?  Keep them in the 'fridge & add them to pitchers or glasses of water or iced tea. 



photo credit

You're welcome.

ABG

PS:  Check on elderly neighbors and make sure they stay hydrated too!

No comments:

Post a Comment